ASTELLAS – TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
- European and international visitors
2.1. This Website is intended for use by residents of the European Union only and, by using this Website, you confirm that you are a resident of the European Union and are at least 18 years old.
2.2. Astellas expressly disclaims any liability to visitors outside of the European Union to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- Your use of the Website
3.1. You agree not to:
- 3.1.1. use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful, improper or illegal;
- 3.1.2. use the Website in a way which infringes the rights of anyone else or restricts or inhibits anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the Website;
- 3.1.3. disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise decompile any software, applications, updates or hardware available through the Website; or
- 3.2.1. you do not remove or obscure any Astellas copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from Website content and you ensure that any such notice appears on any copies of the Website content that you create;
- 3.2.2. you use the Website content for your own internal business purposes and/or personal use only;
- 3.2.3. you do not modify the Website content in any way; and
- 3.2.4. you use all Website illustrations and other visual content in conjunction with their accompanying text.
- 3.2.5. you must not use Website content in any way inconsistent with the above unless you have our prior written consent.
3.3. You are not entitled to modify or redistribute the content of this Website or reproduce, link, frame or deep-link it on any other website without our prior written consent. You must not use the content of the Website for commercial exploitation in any circumstances.
3.4. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to ensure that you have in place antivirus, firewall and other appropriate security software when browsing the Internet and accessing this Website and for maintaining the security of any passwords/usernames in respect of any user accounts relating to the Website (if applicable). Astellas cannot accept liability for your failure to take reasonable precautions when browsing the Internet and our Website.
- Copyright and other intellectual property rights
4.1. All text, images, applications, software, code, trademarks, service marks or other content displayed in or on this Website, and all copyrights, trade marks, designs and other intellectual property rights existing in or relating to the Website and its content (collectively, “IPR”), are owned by or licensed to Astellas.
4.2.2. If any IPR in or to the Website vests in you, whether by operation of law or otherwise, you hereby assign to us (or to any third party we nominate) all right, title and interest (whether legal or beneficial) in such IPR throughout the world absolutely to the fullest extent possible, including any and all renewals and extensions of such IPR. You unconditionally and irrevocably waive any and all moral rights you may have either now or in the future existing in or in relation to the Website.
- User-generated content
5.1. From time to time, Astellas may include functionality on the website which permits you to post or submit content to the Website, for example by way of a public forum or a blog. By submitting content, you agree to the following terms:
- 5.1.1. You agree that you are fully responsible for the content that you post or submit, You agree that you will not submit any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, racially, ethically or otherwise illegal and/or objectionable in any way.
- 5.1.4. You acknowledge and agree that Astellas is not responsible for content posted or submitted by for posting by third parties.
- 5.1.5. Astellas, in its sole discretion, reserves the right (but has no obligation) to pre-screen, review, edit, modify, reject or remove content submitted to or posted to the Website at any time for any reason.
- Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
6.1. We expressly exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and terms express or implied by statute, common law or otherwise with respect to the Website to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6.3. We provide the content on the Website in good faith but give no warranty or representation that the content is accurate, complete or up-to-date, nor that the Website does not infringe the rights of any third party. We accept no responsibility or liability for your use of content on the Website and such use is entirely at your own risk. While we take reasonable precautions to prevent the existence of computer viruses and/or other malicious programs on the Website, we accept no liability for them.
6.4. Information transmitted via this Website will pass over public telecommunications networks. We make no representation or warranty that the Website will be available or that the operation of this Website will be uninterrupted or error free and disclaim all liability in respect thereof.
6.5. Our aggregate liability for any and all loss or damage suffered by you as a result of your access to the Website and/or your downloading of any content from the Website, which is not covered by the above limitations and exclusions (or in the event that the above limitations and exclusions are not permitted by law) is limited to £50.
- Links to third party websites
7.1. This Website may contain links to third party websites which we believe may be of interest to you. However, Astellas does not vet or otherwise approve the content of any such third party websites and your use of such websites is entirely at your own risk.
7.2. Accordingly, Astellas does not accept responsibility or liability for the availability or content of any such third party websites, nor liability for any damage or harm resulting that you may suffer from visiting and/or using them.
- Other important terms
8.1. Astellas may discontinue the Website or terminate certain features and functionalities of the Website immediately at any time in its sole discretion.
Last Updated: November 2015